- Joconde Biscuit
- Coffee Creamy
- Chocolate Creamy
- Cocoa Crumble
- Coffee Syrup
II. JOCONDE BISCUIT
for a 40 x 60 cm tray
200 g sugar
200 g almond powder
40 g flour
250 g eggs
180 g egg whites
35 g sugar
28 g butter
- Whip the first part of sugar with the almond powder, flour and eggs to
make a nice ribbon.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites and the second part of sugar. Melt
the butter in a pan and add some of the whipped egg whites.
- Add this mixture to the rest of the whipped egg whites and mix carefully.
- Add the ribbon preparation and continue to mix carefully.
- Spread out and bake for about 15 min at 170°C.
III. COFFEE SYRUP
720 g water
100 g sugar
18 g freeze-dried coffee
- Boil the water and the sugar.
- Add the freeze-dried coffee to melt.
- Leave to cool.
IV. COFFEE CREAM
400 g whole milk
120 g coffee beans
80 g gelatin mass (1/5)
800 g fresh cream 35% fat
- Boil the whole milk, add the crushed coffee beans and infuse for 15 min.
- Remove the coffee beans and weigh back the whole milk to keep the right quantity.
- Heat the gelatin mass until it melts, then pour onto the chocolate and mix.
- Add the fresh cream and blend, then leave to cool in the refrigerator.
V. CHOCOLATE CREAM
200 g whole milk
35 g gelatin mass (1/5)
400 g fresh cream 35% fat
- Boil the milk with the gelatin mass and pour onto the chocolate to melt it.
- Blend with the fresh cream and leave to cool in the refrigerator
VI. COCOA CRUMBLE
50 g Cocoa Powder
150 g flour
200 g almond powder
150 g sugar
150 g butter
2 g salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender to obtain a crumble.
- Place on a tray, ensuring that the crumble is spread out, and
bake at 160°C for about 18 min.
- Take the Joconde biscuit and soak it generously in the coffee syrup.
- Spread the coffee cream on the top and freeze.
- Cut some strips – 2.5 cm wide and 18 cm long.
- Leave them to cool in the refrigerator.
- Place them in a 10 cm diameter ring on the edge and freeze.
- With tempered dark couverture chocolate, place some strips of 2,5 cm
around 7 and 10 cm diameter tubes.
- Leave to crystalize.
- On a plate, asemble the coffee cream and Joconde biscuit.
- Place chocolate strips on the outside and inside of the assembly and
cut off the ends.
- Put a quenelle of chocolate cream on top, place some cocoa crumble and
decorate with chocolate bats and Belgian dark chocolate Spaghetti