- Chocolate Madeleine
- Crunchy Chocolate
- Chocolate Sauce and Foam
- Chocolate Espresso Mousse
II. CHOCOLATE MADELEINE
(for 1 plate 40x60cm)
- 375 g Eggs
- 20 g Whole Milk
- 300 g Sugar
- 230 g T55 Flour
- 80 g High fat Cocoa Powder
- 12 g Baking Powder
- 270 g Hot Melted Butter
- Mix gently the eggs with the milk and the sugar to melt the sugar.
- Add the powders, mix well and finish the mixing by adding hot liquid butter.
- Spread out 1250g per plate (40x60cm) and bake in a ventilated oven at 190°C for around 8 min.
- Cut into discs of ø16cm when it’s cold enough.
III. CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE
(for 3 rings ø16cm)
- 200 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 80 g Oil
- 2 g Sea Salt
- 120 g Crispy Crunchies
- 1 g Ground Coffee
- Melt the chocolate with oil and mix them with the other ingredients.
- Pour and spread out 130g per ø16cm ring and stick directly on the disc of chocolate madeleines on the top.
- Let them crystallize in the freezer.
IV. CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND FOAM
(for 3 cakes ø16cm)
- 150 g Whole Milk
- 60 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 5 g Sea Salt
- 2 pcs Vanilla Bean
- 180 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 55 g High fat Cocoa Powder
- 500 g Whole Milk
- 10 g Egg white powder (or emulsifying paste)
- Warm up the milk with the sugar first, the salt and the vanilla pulp, then pour on the chocolate and the cocoa powder to make a ganache.
- Add gradually the second part of the cold milk, then the egg white powder or the emulsifier.
- Finalize the emulsion with a hand blender, then use a cutter/ blender for the mixture of the sauce inside the cake.
- Use a cutter on the surface of the mixture to create foam for the surface of the cake.
- For the sauce inside the cake, pour 80g per ø14cm ring and freeze, keep the rest in the refrigerator to make the foam.
V. CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO MOUSSE
(for 3 rings ø16cm)
- 65 g Whole Milk
- 13 g Broken Coffee Beans
- 95 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 225 g 35% Whipped Cream
- Boil the milk and infuse for 15 min the chopped coffee beans.
- Take out the coffee beans and weigh again the milk to make sure it is of the right quantity.
- Warm up the infused milk and pour on the chocolate to make a ganache.
- At around 40°C mix them delicately with soft whipped cream.
- Pour 120g of mousse in the ø16cm ring, place the ø14cm disc with the frozen sauce and finish with the sponge and crunchy with the flat surface of the crunchy on the outside.
- Unmold and decorate the side with a 5x55cm band of brown CHOCODECOR looking like hammered copper.
- Blend the foam at around 30°C and use the cutter on the surface to create a light foam of chocolate and take it with a spoon to cover all the surface of the cake.
- For the cover make a ø16cm disc of tempered dark chocolate on a real hammered metal sheet and brush some copper powder.
- Make pan handles with black CHOCODECOR and cover the handle with tempered dark chocolate molded in truffles in a 5 inch silicone mold.