- Chocolate choux
- Chocolate craquelin
- Hazelnut praliné
- Chocolate cream 72%
- Caramelized Hazelnuts
II. CHOCOLATE CHOUX
- 96 g Water
- 96 g Milk
- 77 g Butter
- 3 g Salt
- 9 g Sugar
- 192 g Whole egg
- 28 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 108 g Flour
- Bring the water, milk, salt, sugar and butter to boil.
- Stir the chocolate.
- Add the sieved flour and beat the dough vigorously on a high heat to dry out.
- In a mixer with paddle attached mix the dough in low-medium speed until cool.
- Add the whole egg slowly.
- Pipe the choux pastry with a piping bag.
III. CHOCOLATE CRAQUELIN
- 107 g Butter
- 127 g Raw cane sugar
- 107 g Flour
- 28 g Almond powder
- 25 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 2 g Orange zest
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Crumble all ingredients together.
- Roll out between two plastic sheets to about 1½mm thickness.
- Cool in the freezer.
- Cut out as required. Place the round chocolate craquelin on top of each choux.
- Bake on 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- 125 g Semi roasted hazelnut
- 125 g Semi roasted almonds
- 167 g Sugar
- 42 g Water
- 1 pc Vanilla pods
- 0,5 g Sea salt
- Boil the sugar, water, sea salt and vanilla pods.
- Add the roasted nuts inside and caramelise the nuts.
- After caramelising, place the nuts on a silicon mat.
- Use some nice-looking hazelnuts for decoration.
- Turn the remainder into praline using a food processor.
- Allow to cool before using.
V. CHOCOLATE CREAM 72%
- 460 g Cream
- 119 g Whole milk
- 4 g Gelatin powder
- 20 g Water
- 158 g Sensation 72 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- Combine gelatin powder with the water.
- Heat up the cream and whole milk to 40°C.
- Melt the gelatin in a microwave and combine with the cream.
- Melt the dark chocolate to 40°C.
- Mix the cream (in three parts) with the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Chill the mixture for 24 hours before using.
- Whip the cream until firm.