- Baba dough
- Thyme syrup
- Caramelized apricot
- Black tea ganache
- Apricot glaze
- Chocolate decoration
I. BABA DOUGH
- 200 g Flour T 45
- 8 g Fresh yeast
- 8 g Honey (Liquid)
- 2 g Salt
- 70 g Butter
- 250 g Eggs
- In a mixer bowl, stir the yeast into the honey and dissolve.
- Add the flour, the butter, the salt, half of eggs and knead to a smooth and elastic dough.
- Add the remaining eggs and let knead until it unsticks the bowl.
- Let rest 30 min outside.
- Then, grease baba moulds and fill each mould halfway with dough (ring 14 cm).
- Let rise in a drying room at 28°C.
- The dough should reach the top of the mould.
- Bake the baba at 180°C for about 15 min.
III. THYME SYRUP
- 300 g Water
- 150 g Sugar
- 10 g Thyme
- In a pot, add all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let infuse 24 hours in the fridge.
- Strain the syrup and use at 70°C.
IV. CARAMELIZED APRICOT
- 40 g Sugar
- 300 g Fresh apricot
- 1 g Thyme
- 1 pc Vanilla bean
- 15 g Sugar
- 5 g Pectin
- Wash and cut the apricot into pieces.
- In a pan, heat the 40 g sugar until it becomes a light caramel.
- Add the thyme then the apricot and caramelize them.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the sugar mixed with the pectin.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla grain.
- Pour over the soaked baba dough.
V. BLACK TEA GANACHE
- 150 g Cream 35%
- 5 g Black tea
- 1 g Fine salt
- 14 g Gelatine mass
- 50 g Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- 350 g Cream 35%
- Heat the 150 g of whipping cream with the black tea and the salt.
- Infuse for 1 hour.
- Strain and boil again.
- Pour over the white chocolate and create an emulsion.
- Add the gelatine mass then the 350 g of cream.
- Mix and strain.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- With the whip of an electric mixer, slowly beat the ganache to reach a Chantilly consistency.
VI. APRICOT GLAZE
- 600 g Neutral glaze
- 100 g Apricot purée
- QS Gold glitter
- Mix the neutral glaze and the apricot puree and spray at 35°C.