- Puff pastry
- Blondy custard cream
- Yuzu chocolate sauce
- Lemon almonds
II. PUFF PASTRY
- 1000 g Flour T55
- 40 g Sugar
- 20 g Salt
- 510 g Water
- 100 g Melted butter
- 800 g Laminated butter
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and water together for 2 min in 1st speed, till obtain a roughly mixed dough, then add melted butter and mix 4 min at 2nd speed.
- Roll out in square shape and wrap in cling film.
- Put in fridge to let rest and cool down completely (2 h +/-).
- Before incorporating the butter, make sure that both have the closest texture.
- Start by a double fold, then a single fold.
- Let rest an hour and give 2 others single folds.
- Let rest for a night before using it.
- Chef’s Tip: When taking out of the fridge and before giving folds, if the dough is too cold, let it set outside for 20-30 min to soften the whole block and to avoid breaking in the butter layering.
- Roll out to 4 mm, let rest in tray for an hour in the fridge and cut out the very cold dough in egg shapes of 8 x 11 cm with a sharp knife.
- Dispose on trays and bake at 180 °C during 40 min.
III. BLONDY CUSTARD CREAM
- 1000 g Full fat milk
- 2.5 g Sea salt
- 1 g Vanilla bean
- 140 g Sugar
- 130 g Sweet condensed milk
- 100 g Corn starch
- 250 g Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- 250 g Whipped cream 35%
- Warm the milk with salt and vanilla to 60°C.
- Meanwhile, make a dry dark brown caramel with the sugar and stop the cooking adding the sweet condensed milk and the warm milk.
- Scale and complete the loss with milk.
- Bring to 80°C, add delayed starch and bring to boil to set the custard.
- Remove from the heat and add the white chocolate.
- Mix well and unload on tray covered with cling film and cover the cream in contact, cool down quickly to 4°C.
- Whip the 35% fresh cream to a firm texture and fold in the soften custard.
IV. YUZU CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 200 g Yuzu puree
- 300 g Glucose
- 20 g Sugar
- 1.5 g Concentrate safflower lemon powder
- 30 g Gelatin mass (1/5)
- 320 g Obsession 30 Belgian white chocolate
- 4 g Lemon zest
- Bring the mixed yuzu puree, glucose and sugar with the concentrate safflower lemon powder to 60°C, add the gelatin mass and pour on the chocolate and lemon zests.
- Mix well and reserve.
V. LEMON ALMONDS
- 200 g Roasted almonds
- Q.N Emotion 58 Belgian dark couverture chocolate
- 1 g Concentrate safflower lemon powder
- In a container, put the cold roasted almonds and add the equivalent of a soup spoon of tempered dark chocolate following the tempering curve 50-55/28-29/31-32°C .
- Mix gently with a spatula till the chocolate set around the nuts.
- Repeat this action several times till obtain a 3 mm layer around.
- At the last covering, when the chocolate is just set, add the concentrate safflower lemon powder to cover the chocolate and give a yellow color with an acidulated touch. Let crystallize fully.
On a plate, with a spoon, drop yuzu sauce, place on top a piece of puff pastry and pipe lines of the blondy custard cream using a 10 mm round nozzle on the surface. Sprinkle icing sugar, broken lemon almonds, fresh lemon cress and LEMAN meringue (57359) as decorations.